The Michael Initiative
Michael King, Jr was born on January 15, 1929. When "Mike' King was five, his father, Mike King, Sr. changed his name to Martin Luther King, Sr., which in turn changed Michal King, Jr's. name to Martin Luther King, Jr. This initiative is dedicated to Martin "Mike" Luther King, Jr.
- A Solution -
"Men will recognize that out of one blood God made all men to dwell upon the face of the earth... [and] when nobody will shout, "White Power!" when nobody will shout, "Black Power!" but everybody will talk about human power."
– Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
“The only bond worth anything between human beings is their humanness”
– Jesse Owens
“There comes a time when humanity is called to shift to a new level of consciousness, to reach a higher moral ground. A time when we have to shed our fear and give hope to each other. That time is now.”
- Dr. Wangari Maathai
2004 Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together”
– Desmond Tutu
Unify our communities and nation through a transformational dialogue based on “humanness” and the American way of life.
1) Achieve and maintain a transformational (non-denominational and bipartisan) dialogue based on “humanness” and the American way of life.
2) Unify our communities and nation through a higher level of moral consciousness rooted in “humanness” and the American way of life
3) Establish and maintain partnerships with local and national stakeholders (political leaders, religious leaders, community leaders, athletes, scholars, etc.) to foster and maintain said local and national dialogue, and foster unity throughout the nation.
1) Social Media/Media
2) Speaking Engagements/Forums – Local and National
3) Community events
4) Publications, articles, Op-Ed – Local and National
5) Branding of Message – T-Shirts, hats, etc. (benefit non-profits)